Monday 9 January 2012

Ladybird, Ladybird !!


Image Source

 When I was little ...... yes I can remember that far back !! I was at Clacton on a family holiday and on the beach there was hundreds of ladybirds and everywhere you looked you could see them. But no one minded they were just ladybirds. Pretty little ladybirds. Like most young girls if one landed on me I was fascinated with it and then said that classic rhyme of Ladybird, Ladybird fly away home ..........

Now you may be wondering why I am having a trip down memory lane. It is because when you think about it Ladybirds are beetles. Now I know some of you will think beetles are attractive but I have to say that they are not my cup of tea. In fact they scared me I used to live by Wimbledon Common and the biggest stag beetles use to fly around and I was petrified that they would go in my hair and get tangled up!!
 Anyway knowing my fear of beetles why did I use to pick up ladybirds or when they landed on me I use to smile.

Ladybirds are pretty  the colouring is nonthreatening to most humans yet  the bold colours are there to frighten off potential predators. Even the name sounds friendly ..........

OK so if the ladybird didn't have the red coat with spots and just looked like a normal beetle how many of us would like them.

God looks at us all with the same love.  He does not worry if we do not have the right colour clothes on he just looks at our heart.
The name we use will not make Him love us more or think we are cute because He loves us all the same.
Who ever you are God will love you - you just have to let Him.

I never thought I was good enough to be loved in this way. I probably would have classified myself as a beetle not quite a dung beetle but not that far away.
This never worried God He just saw me.

God loves us all it does not matter who we are.  God is Love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. He doesn't love us because we're lovable. He loves us because He is love.

So even on the days when we feel more like a beetle than a ladybird He will love us the same He doesn't need the pretty outside to see the beauty within.



http://faithfulbloggers.com/

 

 

1 Chronicles 16:34


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;  his love endures forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of ladybirds!! They freak me out! Would much rather have a beetle in my hand any day! Great thought though - that God looks at our heart. :)

    ReplyDelete