Saturday 4 February 2012

Breakdown!! Batteries!! and Tears!!


Image source
 After yesterday I can confirm I can be such a girlie!!
I was driving back from Wales nothing too odd about that except going to Wales the night before I got lost and arrived at the hotel about 30 mins later than I thought I would.


So when I was coming back a friend agreed I could follow them back to the motorway because I thought once I got on there it was a straight run home.


Oh how daft am I - see this is what happens when I think!!


Anyway had real bad pain and I needed to phone the office to talk them through something that needed to be sorted so I pulled in at the services. I nipped in and got a coffee took some painkillers and phoned the office and organised all that needed doing. So far so good then the daft moo that I am realises that she had put the key in the ignition and clicked it once round. Doh!! So I tried to start the car and nothing arghhhhh.


The battery had drained so now I am thinking again!! all I need is a jump start so I started asking all the men and women as they came in the service station have they got any jump leads. All of them were really very nice and tried to be helpful especially the army men I spoke to but not one of them had any jump leads.


So what I didn't say is I had tears all during this, it was actually due to my own frustration with myself on how stupid I am and also because my pain was getting worse and not better. The temperature was dropping they forecast that it would snow that evening and I wanted to get home.


I then phoned the AA and they said it would be about a hour and half but at least I could go get a coffee in the service station so not too bad and they would call me when they get there and then not only did my battery on my car give up on me my mobile one did!!! After more tears because as we all know no mobile means it feels like I am totally isolated. I went back inside thinking if I can find a socket I can plug it in and charge it up.


I looked everywhere in the services and they had none anywhere that I could use so I asked the lady in Costa and she put it on charge behind the counter for me.


Then big tears started just felt the whole world was against me and I know it was not the biggest problem but at that moment it felt it. Then a friend of mine phoned and prayed with me and when I put the phone down as couldn't talk for long in case the AA was calling - I sat quietly and just prayed .


20 mins later AA man sorts the car out and off I go again tired, still in pain but more at peace because I know that even if it is not the worst thing in the world just a life blip I know God was watching over me.


Anyway my story don't finish there really as I am know going to show how girlie I am because even though I got to the Newbury turn off and got in the right lane and come off the motorway I still got it wrong ended back on the motorway again and had to come off the Reading turn off instead!!


Lessons learnt:

If someone offers to lend you a Sat Nav take it!!

If your life batteries feel drained just plug in and pray God will charge them up again










No comments:

Post a Comment